Welcome to Home Designs for Life
Your Pathway to CAPS certification
& Universal Design Mastery
Welcome to Home Designs for Life. We’re dedicated to helping individuals age comfortably and safely in their own homes.
As a Certified Aging In Place Specialist and experienced Occupational Therapist, I offer practical solutions and education on aging in place and universal design.
Our platform provides online courses, with actionable information, tailored for professionals, ensuring homes are designed to meet the evolving needs of their residents.
Dive into our courses, connect with industry experts, and gain the skills needed to make homes more accessible and inclusive.
Start your journey towards CAPS certification and Universal Design expertise with us. Together, we can make homes safer and more accommodating for everyone.
Why Are We Different…
Our courses go beyond just theory. Learn the practical aspects of home design that truly make a difference. Students will master the art of creating homes that are:
- Visitable, welcoming everyone regardless of their physical abilities.
- Livable, ensuring comfort and ease for all residents.
- Adaptable, with designs that can evolve based on changing needs.
- Universal, incorporating design principles that benefit everyone, regardless of age or ability.
- And Accessible, removing barriers and making every space within the home easily navigable.
Why Choose Our Courses?
- Virtual Learning: No need to travel or adjust your routine. Our courses are held entirely online, ensuring you can learn from the comfort of your home or office.
- Enjoy a $100 discount: when you register for all 3 CAPS courses at once.
- Flexible Scheduling for East & West Coast Students: We understand the busy schedules of professionals. That’s why we offer multiple course dates and times every month, allowing you to pick a day that best fits your calendar.
- Diverse Peer Learning: Engage and network with a diverse group of professionals in the aging in place market. From realtors and interior designers to general contractors and healthcare professionals, our courses offer a rich tapestry of insights and experiences.
- Real World Examples: All material is supported by my personal and professional experiences as an Occupational therapist and accessibility and universal design specialist.
- Join our LinkedIn Group: Aging In Place Professionals Network and become connected with AIP professionals across many industries.
- And There’s More! I have partnered with SEO (search engine optimization) specialist Esther Kane, co-founder of SeniorSafetyAdvice.com, a website providing education for caregivers and older adults with over 135k visitors a month. Together, we have created an online marketing package geared for professionals looking to start a business as an aging in place specialist. To learn more, visit aipmarketingtools.com.
“Empowering professionals with comprehensive virtual education in aging in place and universal design, fostering a community of diverse experts committed to creating accessible and inclusive spaces for all. Through flexible learning and collaborative experiences, we envision a world where every home supports people as their abilities change over time.”
Embark on a journey of knowledge, networking, and professional growth. Enroll today and take a step closer to becoming a certified expert in aging in place and universal design.
What Are People Saying…
Overall, the CAPS program was a great resource for professionals in the field. The content was highly relevant and the information provided was both useful and up to date. Janet’s teaching style made the class engaging and the learning experience enjoyable. Janet is not only highly educated and experienced on the subject matter but is also an excellent teacher who makes complex concepts easy to understand. She also values every students input and encourages participation, giving us an opportunity to all learn from each other.Rachel Moeller, Designer Account Executive for The Sherwin-WIlliams Company
As a recent graduate, I found Janet to be a professional, articulate, and personable instructor of the CAPS I, II, and III courses. Her deep knowledge and experience brought the curriculum to life as she could expand on the basics and provide real-world examples of various scenarios. As an instructor, Janet was engaging and made sure each student felt like they were part of the discussions, and that everyone’s questions were answered. I would highly recommend Janet as a teacher and look forward to taking more classes from her.Kris Taite, Ecologist
Janet is an excellent instructor. She is very knowledgeable and presented the material in a calm and organized manner. I enjoyed learning many designs that benefit baby boomers who want to remain in their homes. As a PT, this course offered me guidance on how to perform home modification assessments specific to the patients needs.Sonia Correa, PT
Listen To My Podcast:
Award Winning Accessibility Specialist and Popular Podcast Host, Stephen Beard, Talks About Accessibility in Real Estate