As an occupational therapist, you’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for your clients.
In 2024, the demand for Certified Aging in Place Specialists (CAPS) is more significant than ever.
If you’re looking to expand your expertise and stand out in your field, CAPS certification is your next step.
The CAPS certification is designed to equip healthcare professionals, especially occupational therapists, with the knowledge and skills required to assist seniors in navigating the challenges of aging, with a strong emphasis on making their living environments more accessible and safer.
This certification is rooted in the principles of aging in place and universal design, focusing on creating spaces that are usable by all people, regardless of their age, ability, or status in life, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.
Moreover, obtaining your CAPS certification opens up a plethora of career opportunities.
It not only demonstrates your commitment to your professional development but also showcases your specialized knowledge to employers, colleagues, and clients.
In a market where differentiation is key to success, CAPS certification serves as a testament to your expertise and dedication to supporting the aging population.
Whether you’re looking to advance in your current role, explore new career paths, or even start your own practice focused on aging in place solutions, CAPS certification is a valuable asset that can set you apart in the competitive field of occupational therapy.
Register for CAPS courses, led by an expert in aging in place and universal design, and elevate your career to new heights.
Why Choose CAPS Certification?
CAPS certification equips occupational therapists with the knowledge and skills to assist older adults in living safely and comfortably in their homes. As a CAPS certified professional, you’ll be able to:
- Assess and Modify Homes: Learn to evaluate homes and recommend modifications that support aging in place.
- Enhance Client Independence: Provide solutions that promote independence and prevent accidents.
- Stay Ahead in Your Field: With an aging population, this certification puts you at the forefront of a growing niche in occupational therapy.
Why Choose “Home Designs for Life“?
Here’s why we stand out as an approved provider for the NAHB:
- Expert-Led Training: Led by a seasoned occupational therapist and CAPS instructor with real-world experience in aging in place and universal design.
- Rich Learning Experience: Benefit from insights gained from hosting a successful podcast, leading webinars for NAHB and NKBA, and national television appearances.
- Practical and Interactive: CAPS courses go beyond theory, offering hands-on learning experiences and real-life case studies. In fact, The NAHB updated the CAPS curriculum from 2017, featuring updated statistics and interactive tools ad case studies throughout the courses as well as access to the newly formed student library that only CAPS designees have access to.
Our alumni are thriving in their careers, thanks to the skills and knowledge they gained from the CAPS program.
They’re making tangible differences in the lives of older adults, contributing to safer, more comfortable living environments.
Who Should Enroll?
The CAPS program is ideal for:
- Occupational therapists seeking to specialize in aging in place.
- Healthcare professionals interested in expanding their skill set.
- Individuals passionate about making a difference in the lives of older adults.
Join Us Today:
Don’t miss this opportunity to become a leader in aging in place and universal design. Enroll in our “Home Designs for Life” CAPS certification program today and take your occupational therapy career to the next level with NAHB approved instructor and OT, Janet Engel.
Ready to make a lasting impact in your field?
Spaces are limited – secure your spot now and be the change you want to see in the world of occupational therapy!