Working with clients to develop recommendations for interior and exterior modifications that will help a person live independently in their home.
Working with health professionals to develop a home modification or building plan based on the safety and functional needs of an individual or household.
Collaborating with builders, licensed contractors, and interior designers on building and design strategies to create attractive, barrier-free living spaces.
We collaborate with architects, builders, interior designers, and licensed contractors about building and design strategies for creating attractive, barrier free living spaces. We will produce a written evaluation with specific guidance to include aging-in-place recommendations and universal design elements. In addition, we provide job site visits, frame walks, project management, and post- installation review.
We work with home owners to develop a home modification or build plan based on the safety and functional needs of the individual or a household, as well as provide information about building codes and standards, useful products and resources. We provide job site visits, frame walks, project management, and post-installation review.
1. You will be working with a professional who values the importance of ongoing education and training and is willing to invest the time and money necessary to stay current on aging-in-place issues.
2. A CAPS works closely with remodelers and health professionals, such as occupational therapists, who understand the challenges of aging and can provide safe, attractive and accessible modifications to your home.
3. Your CAPS is a credible professional with a helpful network of other aging-in-place experts such as therapists, Veterans Administration officials and product suppliers who can serve as additional resources.
4. Should you ever choose to sell your modified home, your CAPS’ influence can make your home more marketable.
5. Modifying your home with a CAPS can be less expensive than alternative arrangements in the future.